Upgrade to JB 4.1.1 through KiesSupport

1. OUjeff

OUjeff New Member

I have been trying to update to JellyBean all day long with Kies. I repeatedly get to a third "Firmware upgrade progress" screen and then it gets stuck at 0% on my computer and my phone says "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" This is probably the 4th time I have tried it with the same results.

I am wondering if there is something I can do to bypass this or something I am doing that is causing this error. Any advice?

My carrier is AT&T
    Phone is connected via USB to Windows 7 Computer which is running Kies
    I have not Rooted my device or done anything outside of downloading a few apps
    I don't really want to root it. I just want Kies to work properly. Please help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

How long are you waiting while it is at 0%? When I updated mine using Kies it stayed there for 30 plus minutes before continuing.
    funkylogik likes this.
  3. philayl

philayl Well-Known Member

I had to turn off WI-Fi before it would update, Kies must be just about the worst program ever!:mad: Phil
  4. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

is it not possible for u to do a OTA update? Much easier then trying to get kies to work the way it should. Like GTWalling said try waiting for a bit and see if it works otherwise there is another option which i normally use, u can go to SamMobile Firmware Page and download the firmware and flash it to ure phone via odin. If u need any further help let me know.
    funkylogik likes this.
  5. s_anella

s_anella Member

I am having the same issue. I have let it sit for 6+ hours but no change. Kies is not frozen, computer shows it chugging but it is not making progress. I have tried multiple times. WiFi, data off. Even tried firewall off and PC virus off. I am using a dell xps14 i7 windows 7.

Any help is appreciated. I have 3 phones to do!

AT&T so no OTA.
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

What witness says...
  7. s_anella

s_anella Member

Just ran with success thru Kies using an old computer running xp. Not sure why but the update went smooth in about 45 minutes. Now onto the other two g3s I have to update!