Upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.2Support

1. bmclachlan

bmclachlan Active Member

Recently purchased the Samsung galaxy note 10.1 which came with gingerbread. I upgraded to jellybean version 4.1.1. I understand there is an update to jellybean 4.1.2, but it does not appear to be available through Samsung for the US. Is this correct? If not, how do I upgrade?

Advertisement
  2. Alex xander

Alex xander Member

It should be out soon there, apparently there are 2 updates out but neither cover america yet, you could look on xda developers for a extracted rom thats what i did, but youd probally have to chose (english(united kingdom ))
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

If your device cmei wth GingerBread, it is not the Note 10.1 but the Note phone.
  4. Myicha

Myicha Active Member

I just purchased my note 10.1 yesterday. After getting everything setup there was an upgrade notifucation; before upgrading I went to about device and saw that it was running 4.0.4. I went on and did the upgrade and is now running 4.1.2. :-D. Hope this helped
  5. bmclachlan

bmclachlan Active Member

actually, most Samsung galaxy note 10.1 devices in inventory were shipped with gingerbread, but as soon as you unwrap the package and fire it up, and know to go to software update, it will install 4.1.1 jellybean (as in my case--I purchased mine on February 9, 2013). Then my device updated to 4.1.2
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

As I said - the Galaxy Note 10.1 NEVER had 2.3/ GingerBread and was always on at least ICS 4.0.4. You might be talking about a different device and not the Note tablet
  7. bmclachlan

bmclachlan Active Member

my fault, I should have said ice cream sandwich.