Upgrade to Sense userinterface>Support

Last Updated:

1. Bascy

Bascy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

i just read on Tweakers.net that an ROm update is available for the HTC magic, including Sense userinterface. I tried to download it, but i can;t because it wont accept my serial number!! It says my hardware is not suitable of the upgrade.

I don't understand :confused:

Can anyone shed some light on this.

Advertisement
  2. MagicAndroid

MagicAndroid Active Member

There's the Magic32A and 32B. I know the Roger's carrier in Canada has issued it but i do not know who else it's provided for.

One thing is for sure, if it's google branded you won't get it because it's specifically for HTC branded phones.

3. Bascy

Bascy Active Member This Topic's Starter

My HTC is Vodaphone branded (Netherlands). Does anyone know if the update can be used on this one?

4. itsmagic

itsmagic Member

I'm in Canada, have an HTC, Google Branded magic and got the update and all works well. No issues.
    Not to sure where "MagicAndroid" got their info but I don't think it is correct based on my personal experience.
    Got the update thru htc.com.

5. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

There's your problem.

The update cannot be applied to Vodafone branded Magic's. Whether it happens in the future remains to be seen. It certainly needs Vodafone to check the software before release, but there is discussion over whether the Vodafone Magic can actually handle it as it has less memory than the HTC version of the Magic.

The VF version only has 192Mb of RAM.
    The HTC version has 288Mb of RAM.

Sorry

Mark