Upgrade Trend

Last Updated:

1. dmystic1

dmystic1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do you guys think about what seems to be a new upgrade trend the other companies are offering (Not Sprint apparently!)?:mad:

Att = allowed current iPhone users to upgrade to the iPhone 4, as long a they where due for an upgrade sometime in 2010.

Verizon = Allowing all it's customers to uprade to the Droid X, as long as they are due for an upgrade sometime in 2010.

Advertisement
  2. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Sprint lets you upgrade each year. They have been ahead of the others for a while if your a premier customer. At&t and Verizon just figured it out and are playing catch up. Once your in though it will be two years to upgrade again unless they truly change their program. The EVO sold better than they thought and they have to compensate.

3. Enellz

Enellz Well-Known Member

It's an incentive to keep current consumers locked in, simple. It's gonna get nasty, and with Apple and android racing to be the top tier OS it'll get better for all of us.

Truthfully I think sprint won't do it because I'm sure their in a good place right now with costumes due to their true unlimited plan, and with smart phones getting only more popular that unlimited plan will look even more appealing. Also the cheap monthly plan isn't bad either

4. Enellz

Enellz Well-Known Member

It's an incentive to keep current consumers locked in, simple. It's gonna get nasty, and with Apple and android racing to be the top tier OS it'll get better for all of us.

Truthfully I think sprint won't do it because I'm sure their in a good place right now with costumes due to their true unlimited plan, and with smart phones getting only more popular that unlimited plan will look even more appealing. Also the cheap monthly plan isn't bad either

5. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

I say good for them.

AT&T couldn't give me a new iphone 4 on their new data plan.

VZW / Droid X - more market domination. More androids out there is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

AT&T still doesn't have a good android phone (not counting Nexus One, since you can't buy it from AT&T)

6. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Did ATT and VZW allow everyone to upgrade or just the people with iPhones and Droids? I didn't think they made everyone eligible. That said, they both did it because these phones will be their biggest phones of the year and cannot sit back and watch others just take subscribers away. I also think they did early upgrades to help install tiered pricing. Tiered would never have gotten off the ground without having new, hot devices to take some of the focus off the fact that it's going to cost more to use their service unless you really drop to 2GB of data.