upgrade woes

Last Updated:

1. magic1

magic1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Eris for several months now and have enjoyed it (minus the volume and battery ) and have loved being rooted. I've had a few problems but nothing major. My wife on the other hand has gotten every p.o.s Eris made I think, by way of refurb. After her fifth replacement the Verizon Rep offered her Motorola droids for us both. I'm not much on sliders but is the phone itself worth the trade for the Eris? I'm not asking someone to tell me what I should like, just some different opinions of which phone you would pick if given the choice and why.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

At this point, I would switch. The Droid is simply a better phone - larger and better display, faster, with a better signal, better battery life. It has a crappy keyboard for sure, but you never have to open it, and you may learn to appreciate it when typing texts and emails.

Unless it is just too thick or too heavy for you to carry comfortably, I'd go with the Droid in a heartbeat.

3. magic1

magic1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How hard/easy is it to root and unroot the Droid?

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I obviously have no personal experience, but I believe that the Droid was rooted well before the Eris.

5. selvikin

selvikin Well-Known Member

I'm working with both the Eris and the D1, both are easy to root, I rooted my Droid using the RSDlite method. Now they have a 1 click root method that doesn't need RSDlite, so it sounds similar to the Eris' 1 click. I'll tell you one thing, speed difference between the Eris and the D1 is extreme.

Trust me, I wasn't too fond of the D1 switch at first, but I'm having fun with it now and like it more than the Eris cause of the speed and all.