• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade worries

Namrepus221

Aug 4, 2010
ok I am worried like crazy about updating my phone.

I've heard so many horror stories about people with the facebook app and ATK (which I don't use) as well as the battery becomming hot or rapidly discharging since updating.

My phone is 3 weeks old, I don't want to root it (every instruction I can find on the SPRecovery set up is related to rooting the phone) and I am worried I"m gonna brick the thing or that 2.2 is gonna ruin my phone beyond repair

I'm in the same situation. Don't want to root, curious to try out Froyo though and haven't gotten the OTA. I'll probably just wait it out since the phone works perfect the way it is. I wonder how many people have issues because they have a ton of apps installed that go haywire.

I'm debating whether or not to take the gf's Droid and push the manual update to her phone and see what happens lol (she's heard me talking about Froyo and people having problems so I would have to do it while she is sleeping)

Upvote 0
I'm in the same situation. Don't want to root, curious to try out Froyo though and haven't gotten the OTA. I'll probably just wait it out since the phone works perfect the way it is. I wonder how many people have issues because they have a ton of apps installed that go haywire.

I'm debating whether or not to take the gf's Droid and push the manual update to her phone and see what happens lol (she's heard me talking about Froyo and people having problems so I would have to do it while she is sleeping)

...and so the story of the first relationship breakup caused by a smartphone update began

j/k

Upvote 0
I have actually upgraded manually. Nothing is going on with my phone. I have the D1 and my battery is I think just the same. I havnt notice anything bad with the manual update. My question is, since I did the manual will I miss something with the OTA??? anybody know?? I really cant see a difference with 2.2. anybody got thoughts on the difference from the two?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones