Upgrade?General

1. Brown_eyes

Brown_eyes New Member

Hi, im not new to android phones, iv had the t-mobile g1 and am currently using t-mobile g2 touch.
    Its time for my phones upgrade and i definitly want to stay with an android phone. I just spotted the pulse. I was wondering if its worth upgrading to that phone or will i be losing all the perks from my g2? I love the look of the pulse, its a very attractive phone.
    For those using i was wondering how the key board fairs and if it had led notifications which is something i miss from my g1.
    thanks =]

Advertisement
    :
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

the led on my g2 blinks when i have notifications..
  3. Brown_eyes

Brown_eyes New Member

Do you have the us version? The uk one is slightly diffrent i think?
  4. Muuurgh

Muuurgh Well-Known Member

Hi Brown_eyes

As far as I can tell, there is no LED. My phone has never flashed at me, ever.

As for the pulse, it's a great pre-paid phone (IMO) but if you're upgrading I would wait and get something else. It's still running 1.5 with no word of an official upgrade to a better software version.

However, if the 3.5 inch screen is what you want (it was for me) then I can say that it's a great size, responsive, and using touchpal as the virtual keyboard is great. If I texted more often my speed would be a lot higher, I don't have any problems typing in portrait or landscape mode.

I can't compare it to the G2, I've never had a chance to use one of those sorry, hopefully someone else will be able to comment on that for you.
  5. helikopter

helikopter Active Member

if i had the g2 i wouldn't upgrade to the pulse because it wouldn't be a real upgrade. the advantage of the pulse over the g2 is the bigger screen but that's all. they have the same hardware, the same functionality, g2 even runs a newer version of the android os and have a larger developer community (yet).