Upgrade???

Last Updated:

1. MariposaNegra17

MariposaNegra17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My two year contract with Verizon ends in July of this year and I really want to get the Nexus One when it comes to the network, but will I will have to pay full retail price? Or will I be able to use the $100 dollars I get from Verizon to upgrade?

Thank you in advance,

Miranda:)

Advertisement
  2. gibson6594

gibson6594 Well-Known Member

Not sure of the subsidized price yet on Verizon, but I have to assume it will be close to what it is on tmobile.

If you sign up for another contract with Verizon, you will most likely not be paying full price for it.

3. NexusMMM

NexusMMM Well-Known Member

I think it's way too early to answer this. After the T-Mobile upgrade fiasco, I'd expect Verizon and Google to have all their ducks in a row before it goes on sale. I'd let your contract expire and go month to month until the purchase details are released. At that time you can either potentially use your upgrade credit or perhaps walk away from your present device and have a family member or significant other open up a new line of service for the N1 to take advantage of the new customer pricing. The fact that your near the end of your current contract is actually perfect timing for you!

4. MariposaNegra17

I hope it will be similar!!!:D

5. MariposaNegra17

What was the fiasco about with T-Mobile?

And yes, the timing couldn't be any better:)

6. NexusMMM

NexusMMM Well-Known Member

Well at first they had some opaque and shady upgrade criteria that was used to determine eligibility and even upon said determination, the price was set at $379 for existing customers. Following floods of complaints, they slashed the upgrade price to $279 and refunded $100 to existing customers who purchased it at $379.

I'd expect pricing to be similar on Verizon. Just don't make any changes to your contract until the N1 comes out and you'll be golden.

7. MariposaNegra17

Okay, thank you again! :)