• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgraded 2.3.5 now no Data connection on O2

davidK4

Lurker
Dec 21, 2011
Hello,

Upgraded to 2.3.5 yesterday evening on my HTC Desire HD noticed this morning that my data connection wouldn't work.

Tried powering off/on, no joy...
Tried a restart, no joy...
Tried shutting down removing both battery and sim, no joy...

In the end to resolve I ended up going into

Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless & networks
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names
(This was all empty which it shouldn't be really)
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN

I then pressed backup key and it said must input name so I pressed home key went into same options again and all the settings appeared!

Now working yey :)

It's not only O2 - I'm with T-mobile and had the same problem with my Desire HD.

After going to APN settings it showed two access points ('general.t-mobile.uk' and 'goto.virginmobile.uk') but none of them was selected. As soon as I saw it the system automatically enabled the t-mobile one and all is fine again... weird, but all is now working.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Upgraded to 2.3.5 yesterday evening on my HTC Desire HD noticed this morning that my data connection wouldn't work.

Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless & networks
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN

I then pressed backup key and it said must input name so I pressed home key went into same options again and all the settings appeared!

I have updated my desire hd and now I do not get a network signal and I have tried the above but each time I go back the field is still blank, (Help)

Upvote 0
Brilliant advice if u are having issues like I did after upgrading! Big thanks to David!
Hello,

Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless & networks
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones