Upgraded my Eris to an Incredible a week agoGeneral

Last Updated:

1. phillygator

phillygator Member This Topic's Starter

for $99 at Best Buy. As I just read on this forum the phone is free now. My timing as always, is impeccable. For you Best Buy folks, can I return it and get the better price on a new one, or am I SOL?

Advertisement
  2. Contempt

Contempt Well-Known Member

They have a 30 day money back guarantee with no restocking fees so long as you have all the original packaging.

You could return it and then buy it again or simply explain the situation and maybe they will give you a price match.

If they allow you to return it and won't let you buy another, you can get one from Amazon for $.01

Hope this helps.

3. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

They should match the price...Best Buy Price Match Policy.

I've had very good luck with BB's price matching. And if they do give you any trouble (it's been known to happen), you're right and they're wrong. You have that in writing.

4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you CAN'T return it and buy it again. Unless I'm wrong, once you return the first phone you lose that rebate. Again I could be wrong.

You certainly can return it and get if from Amazon, possibly after making sure Verizon resets you're subsidy/upgrade/etc.

5. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

You do have really bad luck because I got my Inc at Best Buy for free at the beginning of November. Coming from the Eris (I did too) you're going to LOVE this phone, it really is incredible :D

6. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

They'll give you the difference. It's their policy if within 30 days of purchase.

Welcome to the Incredible!

7. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

If it's within 30 days just take the receipt. You don't need the packaging. They'll just do a return/exchange for the new price. You'll keep the same phone. You don't even need the phone with you.

I worked at Geek Squad for 3.5 years, you can trust my information.

8. phillygator

phillygator Member This Topic's Starter

That's awesome, I'm going to go this afternoon. Thanks for all the responses!