Support Upgraded to 2.1 -Questions/Suggestions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mr_esmit, Nov 26, 2010.

1. mr_esmit

mr_esmit Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Hi all, I'm new to this forum (an android for that matter). Reading some threads, I managed to flash my X10i & install Android 2.1 (still not sure how i did it, but I did).

So far I'm very pleased with the phone and the goodies that came with the upgrade, but my main concern is battery life. I've read a few threads suggesting that I install some apps to adminstrate battery time, others have given suggestions on phone configuration to better battery perfomance. After much reading I have downloaded juicedefender this afternoon. It's still to soon to say, but from the looks of things this might help greatly.

I've been wanting to buy some apps (specially ultimatejuice), but seeing as I live in the Caribbean, I think I might have some limitations to download full apps from the market. Is there any other way I can buy apps and install them to my phone besides the market???

Advertisement
  2. D3sRtH4mmR

D3sRtH4mmR Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Depending on the app some developers give you the opportunity to buy them directly via their websites, eg widgetlocker.
    You can also try OnlyAndroid and AppstoreHQ.
    Some people order SIM cards from countries that Market supports but I don't think the expense justifies that.

Finally, there are often free ads that perform the functions of the paid ones.

Enjoy Android and welcome aboard.

3. mr_esmit

Nov 2, 2010
    Appbucket was very useful..... is there an app that will toggle between 2g and 3g? I believe this will complete my battery management.

4. D3sRtH4mmR

D3sRtH4mmR Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
  5. mr_esmit

Nov 2, 2010
    Thanks D3s, but I got that included on switchpro widgets. The thing is I see that mobile data signal goes from "H" to "E" and I thought us 2.1 android users had a widget to toggle that manually, but apprently it's still not possible..... :(