Upgraded to donut 1.6 and my galaxy is slower than beforeSupport

Last Updated:

1. boger

boger Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had mustymod 2.1 before but my phone was also slow and i didn't have camera or GPS, so i decided to get drakaz Galaxo new rom but then my phone freezes a lot so i had to put off the battery and then power on my phone.

After that i decided to put only 1.6 without any customization but my phone is so slow i can't enjoy it.

Now the question is what should i do? I am stuck with this worst cellphone in the world. Should i go back to 1.5? Does someone else experience such a bad performance. Is there a solution to make it work with Galaxo but make the phone work (I didn't overclock at all).

Please help me...

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

First of all, have you tried doing a factory reset? It can't make it worse.

A sure bet would be the latest Galaxo (1.6.3.3), with the overclocking it's like a brand new phone. I don't understand what caused the freezing, but if you follow a tutorial you should be fine and everything should work.

3. boger

Yes, i did factory reset.
    I've installed galaxy 1.6.3.2. I've followed the tutorial step by step but it keep freezing...

May be it is one of my apps?
    Is there a way to diagnose which app make my phone to stuck like this?

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

the freezing was probably due to you having it at 710mz. drakaz included tqwo options. 710 can cause freezes on some phones

5. boger

I didn't overclock my galaxy... This is why it is weird then my phone is stuck

6. master darko

master darko Active Member

I upgraded the galaxy from galaxo 1.6.3.1 to .2 and exhibited freezes and force close non stop and that was standard, non overclocked system so I went back to .1 with nandroid backup. It is strange because on .1 I'm running at 710MHz with close to no force closes.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

7. porga

porga Well-Known Member

I think 1.6 is slower than 1.5. I dont like overclocking since it isnt normal phone state. And when I think better I want fast and functional phone so 1.5 (latest versions) is best choice for me.

Maybe, if someone ever port Froyo on this phone we could see fast up-to-date system. Other solutions are to slow, I'm afraid.

8. Yathushan

Yathushan Well-Known Member

I thought someone found a way to bring in some elements of the JIT complier into Galaxo?

9. adrianoftyriel

adrianoftyriel Well-Known Member

I'd just like to chime in and say that I experienced really bad performance until i installed galax0 1.6.3.2. Performance was AWFUL with it until I did a wipe and reapplied update.zip. I'm not really sure what that dis nut it worked. My galaxy is super responsive and snappy.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk