• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgraded to ICS, Phone SCREAMS after every new email

mcarlos95

Apr 28, 2011
So I recently updated to ICS from Gingerbread on my S2 from T-Mobile(About time right?).
I have 2 problems.

1) EVERY TIME I receive a new email, my phone starts screaming a loud notification, one that I haven't even chosen! It won't stop unless I actually turn on the phone, and go to the email app or look at the notification in the drop down menu. I've looked at the sound settings and everything seems fine. I don't understand why the phone screams out this notification nor why it won't stop unless I actually look at it.

2) Google Talk won't work right. It appears as I'm offline to others, and others look offline to me. When I try sending a message to them, it just reads sending.. but never actually sends.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones