upgraded vzw galaxy nexus to 4.2.2 now i cant connect xbox360 to hotspot.Support

1. eckoman10301

eckoman10301 Member

Hotspot works on all other electronics except Xbox live. Worked fine before update. Plz help:(

Advertisement
    :
  2. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

Might sound silly, but have you tried deleting the settings for the Hotspot from your 360, and then re-finding? Do you have it protected, or open? If protected, try making it an open connection, see if it lets you connect? I know one of my recent updates (rooted), my hotspot reset, and defaulted to encrypted with a password, so i had to go change things back around. But since you have other things that do work, I don't think it's that. But see if it'll let you reset the settings, and try it open, see if it at least connects.
  3. eckoman10301

eckoman10301 Member

Yup tried all of that it says it can't find IP address. Tried to put IP in manually still wont work. Hotspot works on all other devices.
  4. sixfootsix

sixfootsix Member

I've been able to successfully connect to all my other devices except the Xbox 360. Anyone have a work around?
  5. HuskerDude

HuskerDude Member

Hello,

Like many ever since I updated to 4.2.2 I began having Hotspot issues. My desktop and Xbox wouldn't connect, just my laptop and iPod touch and PS3.

I tried rooting and using about every hotspot app in the market and only my desktop connected.

I have searched endless forums but I still haven't found one solution to get connected to my Xbox, it kinda hurts since I'm paying for Gold. My Xbox 360 is able to find the connection but it won't connect.

Also, when I use Hotspot apps for rooted devices my laptop never seems to find them.

I'm using Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2 on Verizon. Thanks in advance.
  6. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

Hello HuskerDude! Welcome to AF! :)

I did a quick scan of the threads in that forum and didn't see anything, maybe you could post in there and ask though, Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android Forums

We are glad to have you with us! Hope you get it straight! :)
    HuskerDude likes this.
  7. HuskerDude

HuskerDude Member

Thanks for the welcome!
    I will and thanks again.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Might be the nature of the hotspots, do you know if they're Ad-Hoc or Infrastructure mode? - probably Ad-Hoc. I believe the Xbox 360 might have difficulty with Ad-Hoc mode WiFi. There's many devices that can't use Ad-Hoc mode.

"Ad-Hoc" is generally when you configure a PC or other device to make a WiFi hotspot.
    "Infrastructure" is when you use a real WiFi access point or router.
  9. HuskerDude

HuskerDude Member

Hello,

Like many ever since I updated to 4.2.2 I began having Hotspot issues. My desktop and Xbox wouldn't connect, just my laptop and iPod touch and PS3.

I tried rooting and using about every hotspot app in the market and only my desktop connected.

I have searched endless forums but I still haven't found one solution to get connected to my Xbox, it kinda hurts since I'm paying for Gold. My Xbox 360 is able to find the connection but it won't connect.

Also, when I use Hotspot apps for rooted devices my laptop never seems to find them.

I'm using Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2 on Verizon. Thanks in advance.
  10. EdwardP

EdwardP Member

Did you ever find a way to fix this? I'm in the same boat on this. I've even installed a few ROMs but with no luck. The only this I can come up with is to revert to a earlier build, and with out a computer right now I'm sol sadly to say.
  11. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member