1. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    klwheat likes this.
  2. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

3. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

WOW! Just wow! Good thing I'm so happy with my droid already...which is "hacked" just beautifully!
    Thanks for the info!

4. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

That is interesting. I wonder why they decided to brick the phone? Wouldn't it seem more appropriate to simply set the phone to have a notification of voided warranty instead of completely bricking the phone?

Kratos

5. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

I may have read the article wrong but when it bricks your phone you then have to take it to Verizon who can un-brick it using "special" equipment and software. IMHO it means that they can then void your warranty in the system and charge you a hefty service fee for that "special" service. In my experience special service = expensive service. :eek:

6. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

7. AHoL2206

AHoL2206 Member

[​IMG]FYI, I just read this on Boy Genius Report....

A post by p3Droid on the My Droid World forums claims to shed some light on the rumored locked bootloader of the DROID X. According to the posting, the Droid X ships with an e-fuse chip that locks the bootloader and will brick the phone if the bootloader is modified. The news is spreading like wildfire with many would-be ROM flashers wondering if they should avoid the DROID X like a plague. This breaking news may not be as dire as many are claiming, as a google search of OMAP3 and e-fuse reveals that current OMAP handsets already have e-fuse in place as part of the M-Shield hardware security technology built into TI