Upgrading android 1.9 to 2.1 with aPad

Last Updated:

1. BTPH

BTPH New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone

I appologise for the newbiness of this question, Ive just bought an iRobot aPad from hong kong off of ebay, its running andy 1.9, which is working pretty well, a really great substitute for the ipad (actually it craps on the ipad), but i found out that the student network at my university does not support android 1.9 for some reason (something to do with peap authentication... not really my strong suit) the network does support 2.1+ so the best solution would be to try an upgrade (and maybe a backup before i start just in case i dont have minimum requirements for 2.1)

I should also note that i dont have access to the official android market (another apad issue that should be resolved in 2.1), so if the upgrade requires the market i might need a work around...

cheers,
    ben

Advertisement
  2. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I am the only one who's never heard of Android 1.9? I've been following and using Android for quite a while now and this is a new one.

3. BTPH

BTPH New Member This Topic's Starter

dunno, thats just what the boot screen says, V1.9_7

so atleast i think its 1.9.....

either way all i need to know is where i can download android, is it a free os or would i need to pay for it? ive been on the official website and tried to find it under platform, but there was no download link...

4. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

If I were you I would try to find a site that has rooting instructions for the apad(if possible) and then follow those, with that done you should have no problem upgrading the 2.1.

5. MyroMini

MyroMini Member

did you look at XDA dev web site? Or SlateDroid?

6. psiphi

psiphi Member

Try looking here:
    aPad Android Tablet Discussion
    but I am pretty sure you really have 1.5 or 1.6 and won't be able to just to the 2.x versions...

7. pumperkin

pumperkin New Member