Upgrading Defy from Froyo to GingerbreadSupport

Last Updated:

1. jonathanrz

jonathanrz Well-Known Member

Hi

Does somebody here updated the Defy from Froyo to Gingerbread?

Had some trouble? Is happy?

I had problems with memory in Froyo, Android let to kill the aplications when the memory is very low, and this let my phone slow, I downloaded Auto Memory Manager, this changed the values when Android kill the apps and my phone is ok, a friend told me that Auto Memory Manager doesn't work on Gingerbread, somebody knows something about it?

Advertisement
  2. !on

!on Well-Known Member

First find out if your camera is green lens or red lens. The green (earlier model) is the SOC module, later (red) is Bayer module. I say this because some of these gingerbread roms are for red lens, so with green lens camera may not work. But I think there are similar custom roms now for green lens that may or may not involve a patch (greenbread mod).

Start here: xda devs wiki page
    jonathanrz likes this.
  3. scrannel

scrannel Well-Known Member

If your phone is warning you (through the stock memory manager) that you are low on memory you can safely ignore anything this lame app tells you. And DO NOT try to kill apps in memory as Android will just reload them anyway slowing the phone down and using battery.
    jonathanrz likes this.
  4. jonathanrz

jonathanrz Well-Known Member

I upgraded to Gingerbread(2.3.3) and everything is working perfectly.

I took a internacional ROM, so I don't have swype with my language(PT-BR), somebody knows if I can download a language package to swype?