Upgrading from 1.5 to 2.1.... best way to not lose everything?

Last Updated:

1. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've got my contacts as Google so they are on my gmail... so all I do is log into google on my phone and it syncs my contacts back?

As for the apps... not a big deal, but would be nice to not have to redownload them... how do I put them on my SD?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

You can get a backup program like My Backup pro or Astro File Manager and it will save them to your SD card. Astro is free if I remember correctly and My Backup Pro charges a fee.
    Good Luck!

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Once you do your update and only once, you go to the Market and you will see all the apps you had downloaded from before, now you get to do this once only, download everyone you want again and do not exit the market area, once you have downloaded all your apps you then can exit the market, then I would reboot your phone and then you should be good to go, if you don't understand then ask away before you do it as like I said you get one chance to do this way, and also one more thing before you do any updates write down all your apps so at least you have them written down