Upgrading from G1 to a Desire

Last Updated:

1. guitarbloke

guitarbloke New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I have an old G1 which I've had for about 18months now. My contract comes up for renewal 30 days and I've been asked to select my new phone. :D

I'm really keen on the Desire, but can anyone tell me what kind of differences I might notice between the Desire and my G1?

For example, is the battery life considerably higher/lower? Does it boot up faster?

One big worry for me is that the on screen keyboard on the G1 is a bit.. well.. crap (I always use the slide out keyboard as I find it much better/more accurate). I'm a little concerned that the Desire's on screen keyboard will be the same. :(

Thanks for your help!

:)

Advertisement
  2. suicida

suicida Active Member

I went from a G1 to a Desire and the difference is staggering. Battery life is much better, think the AMOLED screen uses much less power than the G1 screen (still have to charge my phone every night though) Boot up and shut down seems a lot faster too...

The touch screen keyboard is better, you can always switch to landscape mode for typing if the keys are too small (although give Swype a go too: Swype | Text Input for Screens)

The Desire is easily the best phone I've ever used, and I loved my G1.

guitarbloke likes this.
  3. guitarbloke

guitarbloke New Member This Topic's Starter

Oh that's great thank you! You've really put my mind at ease!! :D