1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General upgrading internal memory of htc wildfire s phone

1. natsuduma5481

natsuduma5481 New Member

how can i upgrade the internal memory of htc wildfire s, without deleting the applications

Advertisement
  2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

It's not possible to upgrade the internal memory of the phone. It is possible to move apps from internal memory to the SD card increasing available internal memory. To do so, please see this guide:

Sticky: Forcing Apps to install to the SD Card without root
    cheve1981 and akmsk like this.
  3. Calomax

Calomax Well-Known Member

Or goto Menu/Settings/SD & Phone Storage/Make more space/Next/Move apps to SD card
  4. CafeKampuchia

The guide mentioned above is a step beyond merely moving apps to the SD card under settings.
  5. Calomax

That's what I've been trying to find out. I have downloaded several apps from the Market and some of them can't be moved. If I do " Forcing Apps to install to the SD Card without root" will I be able to uninstall those then reinstall them to the SD card. Otherwise I really don't see the benefit if it just saves me moving them manually.
  6. CafeKampuchia

I can't answer the question specifically because I don't know what you've installed. I can say that certain apps must remain in system memory, such as widgets, lockscreens, themes, etc.

But generally, yes. Most program-type apps can be moved to the SD card.

And with the procedure above, you don't have to uninstall/reinstall them as you say. You can move them after the procedure without losing your data.
  7. Calomax

No, some apps can't be moved. For example I have iSyncr, MyPhoneExplorer Client, SMSReminder Pro and Turn Off The Lights that can't be moved while I have been able to move Amazon Kindle, Converter and English-French Dictionary. I have also tried a few other apps but uninstalled them when I found I couldn't move them.
  8. salmanandroid

salmanandroid New Member

how do i install apps from mem card in htc wildfire s. I can`t find my mem. Card... PLS help me...
    And where do i find mem. card in my mobile...
    Thank you:(:(:(
  9. rauleac

rauleac New Member

change memory chip with a bigger one (I changed to 8Gb)
  10. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member

Best thing is to root the phone and install Link2SD from the play store. YOu'll want a large-ish card, 16GB should be fine, and formay it as follows:

Partition 1 - Fat32 12GB, partition 2 - Ext4 4GB
    Link2SD will put the Apps in partition2 and create a Symlink (Symbolic Ling - aka pointer) to the App on the card. that's what I've done on my WFS, and with 30+ apps installed I have around 70-75MB free.

Partitioning can be done with GParted in any Linux Distro, PartedMagic Live linux distro (runs from a CD or USB stick) or using partitionwizard in windows.
    ParitionWizard from here: Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.
    parted Magic from Here: start