• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrading online through Carphone Warehouse

nikotime

Lurker
Mar 11, 2012
Hi there, according to the orange website I am due an upgrade (contract ends on 09/06/2012) and was wondering whether I can get an upgrade through Carphone Warehouse online? I'm looking at the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S which isn't available on the Orange website and CW seem to be doing a deal for

I was in a similar position, I wanted the Galaxy Nexus, but Orange don't appear to be stocking it directly. I couldn't get a straight answer from either of the CPW shops I visited, but what I did gather is that they can process the upgrade for you, but you lose any Orange benefits/discounts you've accrued.

You might want to hold off for a bit, because it looks as though Orange are releasing some new handsets soon (The HTC One range at least), meaning their older ones will (hopefully) come down in price.

I was due an upgrade in January, but my contract finishes in April and I'm glad I held off as it looks as though they'll be releasing the One X! :)

Reactions: nikotime
Upvote 0
I did the upgrade through CPW's website recently. Wanted to do it solely online to get cashback from Quidco. It's not a well laid out process because it looks just like a new contract purchase with no mention of upgrade, but if you go through to the end and checkout they will call you later in the day to confirm the upgrade.

Don't get concerned like me and call them after completing the online process because you still don't know it's been processed as an upgrade from the confirmation page and email. Salesman lied and told me he couldn't find the order in the system, so set up a new one on the phone so he could get the commission instead of me getting cashback. Only found out later on when I was called about the original order, which the first man had cancelled and replaced with his new one.

I could have cancelled the whole thing and started again at that point, but couldn't face it!

Ian

Ian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones