upgrading OSSupport

Last Updated:

1. rdbigdog

rdbigdog New Member

HI, i don't know where to post this, let me know if there is a better place.
    I want to upgrade my samsung galaxy S I386. Its on OS 2.1. I want to bring up to what the latest is it can support.
    Lots of issues.
    I dowloaded Kies 2.0 (2.3.2.12054_18). I get a error when it starts from the CLR. It still opens but upon opening it says I need to get the updated version of kies 2.3.2.12054_19 before I can update my phone. It does not allow any transfer/backup of data.

Am i down the correct path with Kies? Upon accepting it to download the update I get the same CLR Fatal Error and Kies crashes out.

Thanks for any info on this one!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

3. Piclo

Piclo New Member

Having the same problem buddy you're not alone I'd love for someone to help with this!
  4. djedgarftw

djedgarftw Well-Known Member

What is the modle?
  5. djedgarftw

djedgarftw Well-Known Member

here is how to update the galaxy s i19000 only dont try with others read first
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Upgrading is specific and unique for every device. Find your devices sub forum here and that is where to ask.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Moved to Samsung Galaxy S sub-forum.
  8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I'm having trouble determining which version is the I386. They all have different methods of root, but upgrading the device should be pretty simple.

OP, could you please let us know if your Galaxy S is branded, and which type it is?