upgrading through another site instead of verizon??

Last Updated:

1. bmar29

bmar29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im on a family share plan and im up for an upgrade soon. I want to upgrade to the droid and noticed you can get it for way cheaper on sites like dell and best buy. I guess they have programs for upgrading but im on a family share plan which makes things more confusing. Can i only upgrade one of my phones and keep the same number while still go through one of these stores??

Advertisement
  2. galt

galt Well-Known Member

Family plan does make things more complicated, since you need a new contract to get the best price. I would start with Verizon (not an agent) and see what they can do for you. My phone cost me $50 net after rebate, since I had a new every two bonus along with everything else. Ignore the ads and see what they can do for YOU.

3. superglen99

superglen99 Active Member

I am on a family share plan and had an EARLY updgrade. I pre odered my Droid at best buy only to find out they dont do early upgrades so I had to go to verizon and pay the full $299.

4. bmar29

according to their site they DO upgrades....haha idk

5. Guido Ravioli

Guido Ravioli Member

Why dont you stop being cheap asses and go to a vzw store where the employees are commissioned and therefore motivated to do things CORRECTLY. Rather than dealing with some schmuck at best buy who gets paid $9 an hour and could give a shit less about your account, or your name, or whether youre bleeding to death on the sales floor. Or you can do it online and completely monkey-up your plan altogether. Either way im sure youll end up at the corporate store eventually crying about how your account is a mess.

6. bmar29

says the guy insulting people in an online forum