• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrading to a Note 3 some advise needed.

Camelot023

Oct 13, 2012
I bought my wife a Note 3 for xmas and have some questions prior to activating the Note. We currently have the S3, which was our first smart phone so I'm a newbie at upgrading from smart phone to smart phone. A few Questions:

1. Do I need to use a program like titanium back up? She does not have a ton of apps, maybe 10 that would need to be reinstalled. I have all her contacts backed up to her gmail account and pictures back up to dropbox.

2. How do I restore her contacts from gmail?

3. Any tips/tricks/advise as this is the first time I will be upgrading smart phone to smart phone?

4. I will be giving my wife's S3 to my mother, (we are all on the same family plan) is doing a factory reset pretty straight forward?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

Forgot to add, the phone is not rooted and on Sprint.

Just make sure the s3 is set to backup to google then when you activate the note, sign in with same google account and leave the box checked where it asks if you want to restore apps it will start downloading the apps you have on the s3 from play store. Your contacts will just magically be there.
Factory reset is simple, it will make the phone like brand new, your mother will need her own gmail address to log in with when she first boots it up :thumbup:
Merry xmas btw :D:beer:

Reactions: Camelot023
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones