Upgrading to Android 2.2 Error, Need Help

Last Updated:

1. rxanderq

rxanderq Member This Topic's Starter

I was trying to upgrade from Android 2.1 to 2.2 with the following guide
    Droid Den - Phone Guide: How To Install Rooted Android 2.2 On Your HTC Desire - Droid Den

Once the phone was done flashing DeFrost, with ROM manager, I restarted it. However, the phone will not boot. When powered on, all I can see if the green HTC logo against a white background.

What do i do now?

Update:

I managed to got past the HTC Logo screen where it would show a Red/Green/Yellow/Blue X and then boot into Android 2.2. I did this by clearing the storage data in the bootloader and restarting.

I would have no phone reception and is unable to get wifi connection. and would get an error message saying Process system is not responding at start up. Further, the phone keeps restarting by itself.

Also, SD card not detected and i would get horizontal line noise on the screen.

Advertisement
  2. dmunky666

dmunky666 Member

3. rxanderq

rxanderq Member This Topic's Starter

How would I fix this?

I have backed everything up with Rom manager and Titanium backup as instructed in the linked tutorial in the previous post.

Edit: I have successfully restored my phone back to 2.1 with unrevoked and clockwork recovery tool.

COuld someoen redirect me to a tutorial to recover images? I was only able by mostly guessing what step to try next.

4. nems

nems New Member

I'm a total newbie to Android, and have recently got my hands on a HTC desire, and am blown away by it.

However, the firmware is 2.1 and as a result the device (unfortunatly) is suffering from the 'overheating' issue, and seems to get stuck in a boot cycle when it gets warm (putting it in the fridge does help !! ) . I've been trawling through various forums and found that I need to upgrade to 2.2 in order for this to be resolved.

The problem I have is as follows.

- When I look for updates using FOTA i'm informed there are no updates for the phone
    - Looked to root the device in order to upgrade a custom rom, but HBOOT version is 0.75 and all links I can find are to root v0.8 or above !!!

Any help you guys can provide would be awesome !!

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

For rooting you should follow the link in my Sig. However the overheating issue is most likely a hardware fault. Best to return it