Upgrading to Desire HDGeneral

Last Updated:

1. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted this in the Desire forum and was told to ask in here:

This is more of a question to you guys.

I sent my (unbranded) Desire in for repair. Now half of the time the repair folks can't be assed to repair and end up just sending back a brand new replacement handset. At that point, I am thinking about selling it as an unbranded new handset, (less about 10 months of warranty remaining), and then buying a sim free DHD from Expansys or Dabs. I know the battery life is shocking beyond belief, and currently I use an extended battery for the Desire, but this is not an option for the DHD due to the fitting. So overall I will probably pay a further 1-150 quid extra after the Desire sale, and then maybe spend another 20-40 quid on a portable charger. I carry a manbag around (coz I'm so cool) so would probably just dump it in that.

In my situation, if you had the extra 150-200 to spend (which I don't really but hey, I'm stupid), would you do the same?

Advertisement
  2. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

3. theoneana

theoneana Member

A man bag, I like your style ;)

This post is not going to help you much I'm afraid as the DHD is my first android but I think it's awesome. The battery life doesn't affect me as I'm coming from a blackberry and I see no difference. I'm used to carrying a spare battery with me.

Anyway, have a look at his thread where some clever people are posting their settings and how they affect the battery life: http://androidforums.com/htc-desire-hd/206710-desire-hd-battery-thread.html

4. naths

naths Well-Known Member

Go for it... did..had the desire,great phone,sold it for

5. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Fantastic :) I too want a man-bag but the wife is sceptical!

6. jboze

jboze Member

You could just carry a 2nd battery if you're that worried about the battery life.

7. EmperorKabir

lol i laugh when i hear my mum discuss with her friends: where to blokes keep all their stuff?

and i just laugh with them. I mean without a man bag, where do I put my wallet, card wallet, phone, oyster card, random pens, bits of rubbish, tissues, random other stuff? They aren't stretching my jeans pockets; that's for sure!

also yes, the battery life is a big issue for me as I say no to compromise. Most htc battery advice is 'turn everything on your super expensive smart phone off so it's basically just an ancient Nokia phone again but with a colour screen'. No thanks, short of GPS which I will only turn on for sat nav, I want my emails, facebook, and everything syncing, with proper brightness, the ability to play a game for 5 mins without worriyng if my phone will die in that time etc etc etc.

Let's hope they actually send me a new handset and not just repair it lol!

8. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

nowt wrong with man bags!!!!!....its the age of the metrosexual anyways, and its handy to have all your gadgets close by, like man-scara :)

9. EmperorKabir

ok i don't go that far.