Upgrading to Droid x... or trying to upgrade...

Last Updated:

1. jtobin09

jtobin09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I need some help here. Its my birthday on the 31st of this month and it finally gave me an excuse to upgrade from my awful Droid Eris:D. The only problem is that I cant upgrade until October which is such a drag. I was wondering if any of you guys or girls know any tips or tricks to convince Verizon to give me an early upgrade! haha. I was gonna try calling in and complaining about my Eris since this is my 2nd replacement I've heard they sometimes give out free upgrades. ;)

Advertisement
  2. New ERA

New ERA Well-Known Member

i find sending an email stating that you are a loyal verizon cutomer and how you would like to have one of Verizon premiere devices usually works...well, it helped me anyways for my last two upgrades (which were much longer away than yours). Good Luck!

btw...my last phone was an Eris also, I feel your pain :(

3. jtobin09

jtobin09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

haha yeah there awful... but thanks for the tip now i just have to search for that email address :D

4. pbrstanwood

pbrstanwood Well-Known Member

I had a lot of trouble with my storm blackberry I had to have it replaced 2 times I was getting no where with verizon. I told them I didn't want my phone replaced with another storm and ask if I could have an early upgrade so I can purchase another phone and I ask very nice and asked them to please help me. It worked and I up graded to a droid and love it. the droid doesn't crash unlike the storm.

good luck

jtobin09 likes this.
  5. AMDXP

AMDXP Well-Known Member

I'm having a terrible time trying to talk them into letting my upgrade early. I've emailed a I've called. I tried to get them today to early upgrade my BIL's phone (he on one of our lines) due to the myriad of problems he's had with an LG DARE (he's had Ins Replacements over the past year since he got the phone).

6. boxthrower

boxthrower Active Member

I had a Droid Eris also and I complained about 9 times to Verizon Customer Service. I finally was able to get them to give me a Droid X for $99. They would not budge any lower on price. I felt the $99 price tag was worth it since I was able to sell my Eris on Ebay for $160!!! Good Luck.

7. newell2511

newell2511 Active Member

Whatever you do i would refrain from tryig to bully them into it like some people on these forums say they have. Try to talk to a sales rep in a way that would appeal to you if you were in their position. Cuz truth be told most sales reps really don't care when you threaten them with your business. Threaten them n a nice way if you know what i mean. They let me get mine three months early this way. Good luck.

8. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

good advice. you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. the employees who make those decisions are people too. they all use phones and understand how frustrating a difficult phone can be. just level with them, and you're likely to get what you need.

9. Mrdroid921

Mrdroid921 Well-Known Member

They just let me early upgrade from the Droid 1 tonight. I had to have
    my Droid 1 replaced like 5 times, and I told them I don't want to replace
    it again. I said either they early upgrade me or I will cancel my service,
    and they put me on hold, came back and said I could early upgrade.

10. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

If your trying to upgrade for a NE2 they will usually allow that but to upgrade before 1 year is up is more difficult.