Upgrading to HBOOT 0.92 and 2.15 Radio

Last Updated:

1. SirensOfTitan

SirensOfTitan Active Member This Topic's Starter

Forgive me, the last time I upgraded my radio was when 2.05 was released (1.0 -> 2.05), so I'm not sure if risks are the same given that we now have S-OFF.

Previously (when I upgraded) there were bricks that would occur if the same radio was flashed twice. I cannot remember whether the method of radio upgrading was done via HBOOT or Recovery. If the risk is still there, can I upgrade from 2.05 to 2.15, or should I downgrade to 1.0 then upgrade?

As far as HBOOT goes, I have never upgraded my HBOOT, I'm either running on 0.77 or 0.79, but I want to play around with some of the newer roms. Regardless, is HBOOT 0.92 an official release, or is it a user contributed release?

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

The only radio I've heard of bricking a phone when flashing over itself was 2.05. Upgrading directly from 2.05 to 2.15 should not cause any problems.

I believe .92 is the Official release HBOOT that installed with the 2.2 official OTA (if I'm wrong here, someone correct me). I did have an issue with loading up the .92 HBOOT that you can save yourself from by doing a nandroid backup before you install it and then doing a nandroid advanced restore of the boot image afterward. Otherwise your phone may want to boot into HBOOT only.

3. jdposhkus

jdposhkus Active Member

I had troubles getting HBOOT .92 to install as well.
    It took several attempts.

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

If you install HBOOT .92 it is recommended that you do a nandroid backup first, then install the bootloader, then do a nandroid restore.