Upgrading to Ice Cream SandwhichSupport

Last Updated:

1. ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC Member

I have a rooted HTC Raider and i am trying to update it to ICS. Everytime I tell it to install the update it shows the andriod character with a black explanation mark surrounded by a red triangle... what am i doing wrong? or do i have to unroot it? if so how would i be able to do that?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

If you're trying to do an over-the-air update whilst rooted you won't be able to do so. You would have to unroot the device.

I'm not familiar with your device, but I'll try to find out which other device is the exact thing only with a different name.
  3. ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC Member

Thanks... and the HTC Raider is also called the Holiday and Vivid...
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Okay. Glad to know that... I've moved your thread to the HTC Vivid support forum for assistance. Hopefully someone will chime in to assist you.

Good luck. :)
    ChelseaFC likes this.
  5. TheIgster

TheIgster Well-Known Member

What network are you with? I am waiting for Rogers to release ICS for the Raider, but I haven't seen any releases in Canada as of yet.

After checking around this form, found this and it allowed me to update my Raider quite easily to ICS and HTC Sense 3.6.

Open phone and dial *#*#682#*#*

Now, this worked for my HTC Raider on Rogers. Not sure about other networks, but if you have an HTC Raider on Rogers, this will allow you to download the ICS update and Sense update. So simple. Not sure why Rogers doesn't tell anyone this.
    ChelseaFC likes this.
  6. ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC Member

ya, i am with rogers and i did the update by unrooting it (i never really had any use of the root)... thanks for you help
  7. yukonsjoy

yukonsjoy Member

I am on Rogers, and did a check for software update 7/4, showed ICS was available, downloaded and installed no problem. Did a factory reset afterwards to hopefully avoid any problems. Phone has been great, no issues.
  8. ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC Member

I did the ICS update and my battery will not charge properly any more... It stops charging at 65% and I have to restart it to get it to charge more... It does the same thing at 84 and will never pass 89... Does anyone know how to fix it?
  9. yukonsjoy

yukonsjoy Member

Did you try a factory reset? Can fix a lot of buggy issues after an update like this.
  10. ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC Member

i reset it before i did the update and lost everything... do you know how i could do a back up without having to root it?
  11. yukonsjoy

yukonsjoy Member

I used MyBackup Pro, worked great. Why do the reset before update? Backup, update, factory reset, restore.
    ChelseaFC likes this.
  12. ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC Member

i had to reset before because i had it rooted and to do the update i had to unroot it... and thank you
  13. yukonsjoy

yukonsjoy Member

Gotcha, no problem.