• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Upgrading VS rooting?

roc045

Lurker
Feb 22, 2012
I bought the Gtablet for my son, I thought he could find more apps then on the Ipad. Unfortunatley 75% of the app games he loads won't work. According to viewsonic they are not compatable with tablets. They suggested to reroot the tablet so I can go to any android market and download compatiable tablet apps. Of course I have to send my tablet to them and a check for a $95.00 in order for them to root it professionaly. According to your article on this forum, I shouldn't reroot this tablet, is there a way to upgrade to HC iand download apps from any android market that are compatiable with the Gtablet. If so where I can I find this information. Thanks for your help!

I never rooted anything until I got my GTablet last year. After being scared by the tech talk that went way over my head on most forums, I did a search on viewsonic for dummies. There are a couple of websites that will talk you through the process in a very easy to follow manner. I tried CM7 as my first rooted rom, and I'm now running GTabComb3.3 with the Ice Cream Sandwich app market. I suggest you give it a try...if I can do it, anyone can do it! I don't think I can mention websites here, but if you want a couple of recommendations, let me know. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones