• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upload Facebook Video?

D

Deleted User

Stock DINC w/Froyo.

I can easily upload pictures via WiFi/3G from Gallery because both Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense are shown on the Share menu. But when I try to upload videos, the Share menu doesn't have either Facebook option. What gives?

The only way I have been able to upload videos to FB is to connect the DINC to my computer and use the video upload feature in FB in my computer browser. Any suggestions?

I contacted both HTC and Verizon about not having the ability to upload videos to FB or to send them in a text message. Can't do it on the Incredible. They say it's because Verizon's network can't handle the size of the videos I did find a way to do it but it's only a 2 or 3 second video. This is one thing that upsets me. When I had my LG env touch I could send 60 second videos to FB and in text messages. With the technology there is these days it's amazing that when I step up to a much better phone I can actually do less in that area. It's crazy.

Upvote 0
Go to the Android Market, find the official Facebook App, and click on "contact the developer" like I did. Put in a request for features you would like added.
I requested Chat, Video upload, access to Videos, a more polished UI (not a re-formating, just pretty it up a little), the ability to easily switch between most popular and most recent feed.
As for alternative apps, well I haven't played with any. Sorry I can't help there, but if people voice their desires for the official app it's more likely to be added in the official app.

Upvote 0
I contacted both HTC and Verizon about not having the ability to upload videos to FB or to send them in a text message. Can't do it on the Incredible. They say it's because Verizon's network can't handle the size of the videos.
Well, this is just crap to get rid of you. On the Share menu they DO provide the option to upload to YouTube. Uploading a video to Facebook or YouTube - when it comes to bandwidth, there isn't any difference!

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones