• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upload video to Facebook?

geoffsweb

Nov 16, 2009
Has anyone figured out how to upload a video from the Droid to Facebook? I downloaded the Ustream Broadcast app. It says it can upload directly to Facebook, but when I went on their site to configure my settings, the Facebook link had a javascript error in IE, so I tried Firefox, but that didn't work either. Capturing the video with Ustream worked nice and had the option to upload to Facebook, but I just couldn't get it to work.

I use Qik to upload videos to Facebook and Youtube. I have it setup so that every time I record a video it is automatically uploaded to both sites. You just have to add your account information to the application for each service then for Facebook you have to browse to the site on your PC and allow Qik to have access to Facebook. It's a cool little app.. as you are recording somebody can go to your Qik webpage and actually see your video streaming live. It pretty much turns your phone into a mobile webcam with recording functionality.

Reactions: carmenava
Upvote 0
I tried Qik, Ustream, Bloo. None of them work! GRRRRRRRRRR. Bloo was the only one that actually allowed me to upload videos that I had already recorded with the droid's built in camcorder. But at the end of an upload it just says "An error occurred while processing your request". Even for relatively small videos. I'm using the beta version, but I don't want to pay for the real version because if the beta doesn't even work, why would the regular one.

Has anyone been able to upload videos without using the email feature, which I haven't tried because it limits the size. Videos easily get over 20MBs.

Upvote 0
I recently purchased an HTC Evo and my wife also purchased an Android phone. We were both disappointed to find we could not upload videos to facebook.

I've been a Java programmers for nearly 20 years so last month I started writing my own application to integrate with the menus on the phone to allow uploading of video to facebook.

Thus far I've invested about 150 hours in the code and estimate another 100 or so of development and testing before the appl is complete.

Unless someone has figured out an easy way to upload videos to facebook, I plan on selling the app for .99 or $1.99 when it's complete. It will require 2.1 or higher when completed.

Reactions: carmenava
Upvote 0
I use Qik to upload videos to Facebook and Youtube. I have it setup so that every time I record a video it is automatically uploaded to both sites. You just have to add your account information to the application for each service then for Facebook you have to browse to the site on your PC and allow Qik to have access to Facebook. It's a cool little app.. as you are recording somebody can go to your Qik webpage and actually see your video streaming live. It pretty much turns your phone into a mobile webcam with recording functionality.

I tried using Qik, it works, but it uploads in pretty poor quality!

Upvote 0
I have been using Qik since December 09 and I loved it at first but like many of you stated, the quality is less than desired! It looks awesome while your recording then you watch the video back on facebook and it looks like pure crap! I have the Ustream app but haven't tried it yet and another one I have but haven't tried and you all might want to give it a shot as well is Justin.tv. Like with the other apps, you need to create an account first then you can share your video to facebook or whatever. If anyone knows of a GOOD app that is CLEAN from recording to playback on the web, I would like to know what that is.

Another thing I hate with Qik is that it takes forever to upload a short little 1 minute or so video. I recorded a video the other day that was about 1:56 and it only uploaded 4 seconds of the video! It used to work great this time last year though. I have my Qik settings set to High quality so that may be why the upload is slow but you would think the quality would be better but it looks just like Low once its uploaded!! SMH!!! LOL!

Upvote 0
For me youtube or QiK wont work. At least not in the sense of what I want to achieve. Please take a look at the following image:
FacebookVideo.jpg

When I use youtube it will look like #2, and thats the exactly same way it will look if I will use QiK. AND I DON'T want that caues I think it looks like shit.

What I want is option #1, when I upload videos. But is that just plain impossible?, I mean without emailing videos to facebook. Whats so bloody hard with simply allowing the Android App to upload movies as well >_<. I mean come on FaceBook.

Upvote 0
You can upload to Facebook , Youtube, videobin.org, and FTP using this application - http://vidiom.mobi/

Doesn't work. It won't upload movies I already recorded, which is what I want and is looking for. I don't need an app that can record and then upload to facebook. I just want something that works, and can uploaded allready recorded movies so that they appear as on my image.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Doesn't work. It won't upload movies I already recorded, which is what I want and is looking for. I don't need an app that can record and then upload to facebook. I just want something that works, and can uploaded allready recorded movies so that they appear as on my image.

Thank you.

Hi,
I just uploaded version 0.6.7 which can import MP4/3GP files from the sdcard (from the inbuild video camera, or other app) into the gallery, and from their you can upload to Facebook.

Let me know any issues, feedback or more features.

Thanks
Andy Nicholson

Upvote 0
Hello all... I too was very frustrated by not being able to upload video :mad: especially since uploading pictures was so dang easy! :D However, I found a free application that I installed, chose a video to upload, and was finished within 10 minutes. :eek: It let me choose my privacy settings and everything!:):):) TRY IT!!! I went to the droid market and typed in VIDEO TO FACEBOOK. Enjoy!;):p

Upvote 0
I downloaded and installed Video to Facebook app, but uninstalled it right a way:
1) During installation it asked for full permission to "caller info". Why would they need that? Is this how phone lists get put together and sold???

2) Due to #1 above, I read all the T&Cs before running the application - and nothing was mentioned about the necessary access to the incoming call info

3) But the Ts & Cs did have a clause to say that for any videos you upload via the app, you relinquish rights to both the app and all affiliates of the app for duplication, distribution, use, you name it! This I did not like a bit! :mad:

So think whether you are OK with this before you use this app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones