Uploading/Sharing Videos shot with the DXSupport

Last Updated:

1. groovejedi

groovejedi Active Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, this has been bothering me but at first it was just annoying. Now, I'm really frustrated. What's the point of being able to record videos with a phone if you can't upload them to the web? I have shot some really cool videos that I want to share with friends via YouTube, Facebook or e-mail and I always get the message that says you cannot upload files larger than 1GB or that I must resize them first or whatever. I see really long videos on youtube, why can't I upload a 1 or 2 minute video? Makes no sense whatsoever. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. SayOw

SayOw Well-Known Member

I have ran into the same problem...

I ended up taking the files directly off my phone (sd card) and uploading them using a PC...had no issues doing that.

3. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

The YouTube site has a cap of 2GB for a video. The 1GB cap might be so people aren't weighing down the carrier's network. These videos can get quite big, especially if shot in HD. The only thing I can suggest is to shoot the video and connect it to your computer, transfer it over, and upload it that way.

Not the most ideal solution, but I hope it helps.

4. groovejedi

groovejedi Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys, I'll do it that way. Appreciate the responses.

5. DontEatPoop

DontEatPoop Well-Known Member

try it over Wifi.

6. ZzFallen_AngelzZ

ZzFallen_AngelzZ Well-Known Member

I have been annoyed by this also. I was able to upload video to fb with the lg ally. Also the video playback from a friend with a dx looks choppy. I dont understand why.....she said its recorded on hd. When i watch videos on you tube they look better than that. Blah.

7. SayOw

SayOw Well-Known Member

I know I had a file that was 700+ megs, but not 1GB, and I was unable to upload it to YouTube or attach to an email and it gave me the same 1 GB limitation warning, despite the file not being 1 GB.

8. vaibs

vaibs New Member

have you tried ustream, justin.tv? these are free applications, which can publish videos on their servers. Justin.tv keeps video for limited time after which it gets deleted.

9. SayOw

SayOw Well-Known Member

Don't you need to be live streaming for those videos to be saved and archived?

I know, in my instance, I would like to keep and share my videos at my convenience rather than live stream and archive...not to mention by streaming, it will often times reduce the quality...not that uploading to YouTube or elsewhere doesn't either, but at least a high quality version remains on your phone to be viewed whenever.

10. bigshotproducer

bigshotproducer Well-Known Member

Has anyone figured a way to get by the "file too big to send".

I take video's and just wanna upload to facebook....thanks!

11. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

I have recently posted hd 720p videos of a minute and 40 seconds long to youtube using wifi directly from my DX.

12. bigshotproducer

bigshotproducer Well-Known Member

13. kiowadad

kiowadad New Member

I was having the same problem as well. Only fix I have been able to come up with is to go to the camcorder settings and change the resolution to QVGA, the phone then changes it to an SMS message when u text. Unfortunately, it doesn't keep the setting so you have to do it everytime. Droid X