Uploading videos to YouTube via 3GSupport

Last Updated:

1. RobDickson

RobDickson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know this has been asked about the Motorola Droid, but I was wondering the same thing about the HTC Desire.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/40472-uploading-youtube-videos-via-3g-network.html

When I've taken a video using my phone, I have the option to share it by sending it to YouTube (annoyingly this creates another Google account on my phone, but never mind). More annoying is the fact that it waits until I'm connected to a wi-fi network before allowing me to upload it. Surely if I want to use my data allowance to upload videos to YouTube, that's my business, but I can't find a setting that allows me to change this.

According to HTC, this is a change that T-Mobile must have made. I'm not convinced by this, but I'd like to know what other people have found, and whether there are any easy ways around it.

Still being fairly new to Android, I don't fancy rooting the phone. I'm using Android 2.1.

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I've not tried this personally but I can't see why T Mobile would prevent it.

I see you are still on 2.1. The 2.2 update has been around almost a week now so try updating and see if that makes any difference (you will need to go into settings > about phone and manually check for software updates).

3. RobDickson

I can't think why T-Mobile would do this either. Hopefully someone with non T-Mobile phones will be able to confirm whether this is true, or not.

I must have upset T-Mobile somehow, because I'm still not one of its customers that's allowed the update. Sometime over the next few weeks, I'm told.....

4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Oh dear :( I guess it's just the waiting game then.

They claim it hasn't been pulled after the german apps fiasco but I have my doubts.

5. RobDickson

I still believe the official line. When it was released, it was made clear it would be released "over the next few weeks". Anyway, I can wait for a bit longer, so can't be bothered to make a fuss.