Uprading to MustyMod on Bell i7500l

Last Updated:

1. jerwam

jerwam New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

Has anyone installed the newest Mustymod (Latest ROM) on their Bell i7500l ?? I tried it over the weekend using bootloader, PDA, and CSC tars and for some reason I was unable to get my 3G back... see below post on the Mustymod forum....

No Data after puttin gin the new ROM

Let me know if anyone got around that...

Advertisement
  2. sado1

sado1 Well-Known Member

Mustymod is very old and the author has left it long time ago. Use GAOSP instead.

3. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Mustymod ROM is out of date. Have a look at GAOSP instead.

4. jerwam

jerwam New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok... is GAOSP 2.1 working well on the Bell i7500l? I was running 1.6 fine before I tried out Mustymod 2.1

5. sado1

sado1 Well-Known Member

GAOSP is 2.2 now (there's Public Beta 2 too, which is 2.1, but it doesn't have as much features as 2.2 "nightly builds" have). Unfortunately there's an issue with Bell's i7500Ls - Google Apps don't work. There's a workaround - removing the simlock. Unfortunately it's not free. You could try Public Beta 2 which is not affected by that bug, it's at least better than Mustymod. Or just wait until the issue will be solved.

edit - unfortunately I was wrong - Public Beta will have Google Apps issue too, and as drakaz won't fix it (the reason is that it affects only i7500L users) the best thing to do would be to unlock the phone.

6. dri001

dri001 Well-Known Member

Will unlocking the phone be the only thing one would have to do? Or will it still be necessary to install one of the Brazilian firmwares? Not that it matters, I am using one of them with the GAOSP and everything works good.

7. sado1

sado1 Well-Known Member