1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

upStream: Not bad, but could be better

Last Updated:

1. comftable

comftable Guest This Topic's Starter

The android app market is desperately in need of a decent way to upload images to Flickr, to include adding it to a group pool. Based on the reviews I'd read on Upstream, I thought that was the ticket. I purchased the app with high hopes, and it worked well at first. Then yesterday, I tried to upload a couple pix and encountered a few problems: 1) after selecting an image, it showed the thumbnail for an entirely different image, leaving me wondering whether the thumbnail was wrong or the selection itself was wrong 2) nothing was uploaded, even though I didn't get an error message.

Now, setting aside the bugs, the app is pretty good when it works. It'd be nice if we could filter the images, instead of scrolling through all the photos on the phone; i.e., just show images from today, or this week, etc.

2. dmitriyk

dmitriyk Active Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ah, hi. I'm the developer of upStream. In my spare time, I like to Google upStream-related things randomly. :p

I do try very hard to make upStream completely bulletproof, but with the growing complexity of the application and the diverse Android ecosystem, some issues inevitably slip through. Could you send me an email at dmitriy@hooligansoftware.com or use the contact form at http://hooligansoftware.com/ with any details you can offer so I can address your problems specifically?

As for filtering the list of images, I don't think the built-in Gallery application will allow that, though I will look over the various intents it will accept to see if any of them can be used to accomplish this.