Urgent: Advice and help needed please...Support

Last Updated:

1. williamj1

williamj1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so my HTC Desire is just over 2 weeks old now and for some reason it appears to have developed numerous critical faults which I am baffled by. I wasn't fiddling with it, it isn't rooted, I wasn't doing anything. This seemed to happen by itself.

Its locked to O2, HTC Desire - running the official 2.2 update which I managed to download before it was pulled by o2. As I said I don't think the update caused it as its been running this 2.2 update for 2 weeks almost without problems. I've tried turning it on and off, using the original HTC scene etc etc, still the problem persists. Here are the problems.....

1. When turning on the phone, it freezes for about 5 minutes at the sim pin code stage.
    2. Once it finally loads, and throughout the day I keep getting some error about htc sense / htc sense launcher crashing.
    3. The phone keeps randomly freezing for no reason for a few minute, ie. won't respond to any touches.
    4. Suddenly, it won't show any of my sd card apps anywhere like in the menu, or widgets etc.
    5. The sd apps show under the installed apps bit, but are all greyed out with an sd card icon (will upload pics to show if necessary).
    6. Yet, the sd card surely can't be faulty as its showing up in the phone, I can browse its files and I can play the music from it in the default music player.
    This has effectively rendered the phone useless, as its just so slow and the thought of random crashes, plus the inability to turn it off without a 10 minute wait and the lack of any of my sd card apps. All in all it makes for a painful experience.

So, any advice?

- I though of doing a factory reset, or hard reset, but obviously this will delete all my data... :(

- If I do do a factory reset, seeing as this phone was originally on 2.1 will it return it to that or the official 2.2 update I got before it was pulled from o2 instead ? Cause I don't want to hard reset if it will go back to 2.1 as O2 pulled the update.

- Also, my phone contacts are saved to some google thing, so can I just resync these if I reset?

- Any other solutions?

Big thanks to anyone who helps, i'll be sure to hit the thanks button!

Advertisement
  2. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to do a factory reset but first of all download mybackup free version, back up everything then do the the reset.

You will keep 2.2 after the reset and yes you just need to sync your phone to get your contacts back or you can just back them up using mybackup.

Good luck.

williamj1 likes this.