Urgent Data Usage QuestionSupport

1. ajgeorge811

ajgeorge811 New Member

I got the samsung infuse 4g a couple of days ago and am on a 200mb data plan. Now, I've read what others classify as a light user, and from that I'm going to say that I am a VERY light user.

I left the wifi off on my phone today and realized that I had used 20mb of my 200mb. Now my Wifi is enabled, and set to never turn off while the phone is asleep. In addition to that, I've also disabled all background syncing and data collection. Nothing updates unless I open the program. Is there anything else that could possibly eat up my data plan? If i'm in an area with no wifi, will some processes still use the data plan, even though I've disabled all background data and syncing?

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Some apps will still use data. Turn of mobile data manually. I have to do this on my 10 yr old sons phone just to be safe.
  3. ajgeorge811

ajgeorge811 New Member

How do you do that on the infuse? The only apps I installed/use are gmail, facebook, pubmed, medical news rss, evernote...stuff like that.
  4. ajgeorge811

ajgeorge811 New Member

I don't have data roaming activated. Instead there was an option "activate packet data" and I disabled that. I figure I'll activte packet data when there's no wifi around.
  5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

If it works like the Captivate just hold down you power button and hit data network mode. That turns off 3G/4G. Leave your wifi on to still have data.
  6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Wow i didnt notice there is no selection to completely turn it off. i dont know if there is a way do so without a third party ....i will look into this.

My phone has the data network mode selection in the power menu...i am rooted with a different rom tho . Was it always there?

Using that works perfectly