Urgent Help - HTC Desire Vodafone UK

Last Updated:

1. sgodha

sgodha Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,

Need urgent help and advice on following issue - with all or is it my handset is faulty?
    • I cant Sync my phone to Laptop - i copies the Sync.exe from MicroSD and switch off Antivirus to install. After installation restarted the laptop and cant connect. Tried 4-5 times and no joy.
    • My YouTube widget is not showing any video. It shows the home page of YouTube when i click on widget but after that its just keep showing - Video Opening......cant we use this widget with HDSA/3G connection or is it has to be only used when connected to WiFi?
    • Most of the time it shows - H and not 3G, so which not sure which one is powerful?

Please advice as soon as possible - otherwise i have to return the handset and take the new one as its may be faulty.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sparklehedgehog

sparklehedgehog Active Member

i don't know about the first two however the H logo is for HSDPA which is better and faster than 3G. Don't moan about that one buddy, it's a good thing. Wish i had HSDPA in my area!

3. sparklehedgehog

with regards to your youtube widget, mine is working fine even without 3g or hsdpa although slower load times so the only thing i can assume is that you may need to reboot your phone or ensure your data connection is working fully i,e does the marketplace load up and internet work fine? have you tried using it with wifi first?

4. sparklehedgehog

with the sync thing, you have to put the phone into the correct mode when you plug in the usb lead. dont know which one to suggest as i havent got a lead handy to try it out now but try each setting one at a time and remember if you mount the sd card to unmount before disconnecting the lead.

good luck

p.s. don't take it back as it all sounds like setup issues to me not a defective phone

5. sgodha

I am using the HTC Sync mode after connecting to PC - when it pops on screen.

I am not moaning about HDPSA signals i was just asking to find out more details.

Also, i tried re-boot couple of times to get youtube connected but no way its going to work.

Is there any way i can upload the video on the forum - so some one can help.

I went to Store today - and most techy guy in vodafone got no anwser after spending 20 min trying to make youtube work. Finally he told me - its working on web, so be happy with that.

Advice guys,

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

7. sgodha

Thanks,

I did managed to sort out the Sync issue.

Still just wondering how to get my YouTube Widget in working condition as its still not working.

Is there any way i can uninstall and reinstall again.

Advice

8. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Have you enabled background data usage under settings? Have you blocked data from running via a widget?

9. sgodha

Thanks NX1977,

How can i enabled the settings which allows widget to access the internet?

Thanks

10. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Look under settings, accounts & sync and enable background data. Also Wireless & networks, mobile network (tick the box) then mobile network settings, enable always on mobile (tick box)

11. sgodha

Thanks nx1977,

All the setting told by you is already enabled. I just double checked and everything is OK. But still its not working.

I droped email to HTC Tech team yesterday - but i dont think so some one will reply in few days time.

Thanks

12. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

So when you press the Youtube logo on the widget, what happens?

Works fine over 3G and wifi here

13. sgodha

its just keeping showing the uploading round logo....and then after long time it just goes blank. then i have to click on home to come out of blank screen.

14. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have weak signal on 3G, or your data APN settings are wrong.

I assume it works fine over wi-fi?

15. sgodha

Signal looks OK and it does work fast on rest all items.

You are right about - Wifi it works on it.

What should i do to test it - is it going to work or not? Or should i return the handset and get another one? How to check APN settings?

I dont want to end up with watching you tube on web when having widget installed.

advice.

16. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Sounds more like a data issue with your provider rather than the phone if it works on wi-fi fine.

Kick off at Vodafone and get it sorted. If they cant/wont, then return and move networks!

17. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Well-Known Member

I can;t get the Youtube app to work on my Desire either, over the air or on Wifi. I just get a black screen. Pretty annoying. Interested to know how widespread a problem this is...

18. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

I'm on Voda and the youtube widget works fine for me on both wifi and through vodas network. Very odd.

19. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

I'm on Vodafone and Mine works just fine too.

Are you on contract or pay-as-you-go?

When you set up the phone you get two network options for Vodafone 'Pre-Pay' and 'Post-Pay' It will have adverse consequences if you choose the wrong one.....as I know from experience :rolleyes:

I wouldn't do this. It has pretty much sod all effect on anything apart from draining your battery.