Urgent help needed! Can't get phone to sync with Google account!!Support

Last Updated:

1. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did all the steps I could, but I still can't get the phone to sync with my sister's Google account. It locked up and perma-black screened after rooting and installing launcher pro, so I tried to use the backup from Odin to save it. Saved the phone. Seems to work. The verizon backup option successfully restores her contact info.

I can't get it to sync with her google account, and I am LOSING MY MIND because I have to leave early tomorrow morning, and I don't want to leave my sis. with a broken phone.

And where in the heck do you get the oft-mentioned "update.zip" file from???

HELP!!

Advertisement
  2. SirKronan

Got it working!!

I don't know WHY this worked, but doing a reset through settings/privacy did the trick. Syncs up with everything now. Whew...

3. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Well-Known Member

mine just did a similar thing after installing Launcher Pro, black screened...turned it off and that was it, it would not come on for anything until i plugged it in with the USB cable (battery was something like 60% full so no thats not it) and it seems to be ok now that i uninstalled that junkware program LP

4. sumfknguy

sumfknguy Active Member

LP junkware?? I disagree. I think maybe the problem is elsewhere.

5. SirKronan

Yes, the problem lies elsewhere. After finally getting the phone going again, I've started from scratch. Now successfully rooted, running amazing launcher pro, removed all the crappiest bloat, bing junk, etc. Google now the default for search and nav.

My sister's phone is a DREAM phone now. Just like mine. We are going to be in hog heaven with these fascinates. I'm so glad I was able to replicate my setup on my sister's phone. Even though it's taken ALL DAY. Worth it. Love my sister. :) Family is the most important thing, you know...

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Glad you got it up and running SK. Family is #1, you're right there!

7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

More of a Support and Troubleshooting thread than Root, so I've moved it for you, SirKronan.

8. SirKronan

Thanks! The issue has been resolved, but this could be helpful to people trying to fix their bricked phones!! I should make a step by step guide using what I got off XDA combined with what I figured out trial and error on my own as well ...

I saved my sister's phone that was giving me a pure black screen no matter what. Big hassle, took all day to fix, but her phone is now successfully rooted, de-binged, de-bloated, launcher pro plus'd, and running like an absolute dream. She LOVES it. So freaking fast. Just like my Fascinate.