• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help urgent help needed -- Rectools.tar.gz was not found on sdcard

prash123

Lurker
Oct 17, 2011
guys I did a factory data restore on my samsung galaxy i7500(not L).
after that it rebooted into recovery and showed a msg
MINI RECOVERY MODE
the archive: rectools.tar.gz was not found on sd card
this small recovery ............. blah blah blah

guys I did the following steps-
1. connected my phone to pc
2. already installed all the drivers needed
3. in cmd prompt gave the commands >
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push RECTOOLS.tar.gz /sdcard/
it shows me
failed to copy
now please tell me what to do for fixing this issue
as I've already read other threads related , but couldn't understand the steps for using odin as told by DaSchmarotzer in the link:
http://androidforums.com/i7500-all-things-root/180231-galaxy-big-problem-help.html

I had the same just now.

Only solution, after trying for hours to get ADB or fastboot to work as a solution, I had a different solution: I took my regular smartphone (Nokia E72), removed its SD card. Took the SD card from the Galaxy and put it in the E72; then connected the E72 to my PC, copied the files needed (rectools and the things I wanted to install - the last nightly from Drakaz), put it back in the Galaxy, and it worked.

It did take 4 attempts before it went into the recovery (the first times I got the 'mini-recovery' thing again), but after a couple of tries it went through. Now I have 2.3.4 installed and, it seems, working quite well.

The only downside is you need another smartphone, or an external micro-SD reader for your PC...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones