Urgent help please!

Last Updated:

1. GKS

GKS Member This Topic's Starter

My phone appears to have crashed:eek::eek::eek:. It won't do anything - all I get is the Force Close pop up saying "The application HTC Sense(process.com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." If I press Force Close, the pop up just reappears time after time. I have tried powering the phone off and on several times but to no avail.
    When it happened, I was trying to scroll through the weather on the HTC weather widget. This has happened several times before with this widget but until now I have always got round it one way or another. PLEASE can someone help me - I have no idea what to try now.

Advertisement
  2. tomq

tomq Well-Known Member

not to sure what will work but if you can somehow, install Add Nexus One Launcher To HTC Android Phones Nimbu (try using htc sync) it might disable sense so that you can backup (mybackup).
    after backing up to sd card will be best to wipe the phone by doing the following
    then turn the phone off and turn on while holding volume down. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    Press and release the Power button
    Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

3. weirdNumber

weirdNumber Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. I don't use the widget anymore so don't encounter the problems. It always occurred when I swiped the widget soon after turning on the phone. I found no fix but it never just kept doing it over and over.

4. GKS

Thanks Tomq but won't I need to be able to access the Launcher 2 app from my phone and download it there to be able to instal it? Basically I cannot access any function/homepage of my phone at the moment. When I try to use HTC Sync from my laptop, it tells me the phone is not connected even though it is. Apologies for my ignorance - bit of a panic on and I have only basic knowledge of gadgetry!

5. GKS

It gets worse :(. I eventually managed to downlaod and instal the Laucher2 app, backed up all apps/data and did a factory restore and the Sense will STILL NOT LAUNCH - still getting the force closing. Can use the phone with the Nexus interface but I want to use Sense. Where on earth do I go from here. Back to HTC??

6. GKS

Any thoughts anyone -----? Please!

7. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Tried a hard reset (see here)? Note - it will wipe your phone of all data.

8. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

It wont work at all, or after you restore?

9. GKS

Thank you for all replies. I have now done a second reset but this time removed most of my downloaded apps first and this time it worked. Phew!!:p
    I do think the problem started with the weather widget and maybe a compatibility problem with another app I installed. Certainly not planning to use the weather widget again and will be re-installing my other apps one at a time until I see if any cause problems. Thanks for all help.