• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help URGENT help regarding HTC Desire Z problem

phone4

Dec 14, 2010
Hi,

I have had my phone for a little over a month and a few days ago I spilt some juice. In an attempt to be careful and not drop my phone into the juice, the phone slipped (side of it) so the plastic from the keyboard came off a bit.

Anyway, now it is acting odd.

I don't select auto rotate in my settings as I don't like the feature. However, when I turn the phone landscape, it rotates.

Also, the car panel keeps coming up and at times it comes up, I press exit and it comes up again. I don't know why it does that.

I checked the white circle under the battery and it is white, so not sure it is water damage but it could be under some influence.

I called HTC and they said it could be a software problem so I should hard reset the phone.

I have many apps I use of which I have data stored and not sure if I can move them onto the SD card. But I'm not too bothered if I lose the data from them.

I don't want to lose my text messages though. Is there any way I could put them on the SD card or back them up, then put them back on the phone once the phone is okay (or if I get a new one)?

Please advise as by now the phone was where I stored a lot of things and I'm not surw where to start before resetting. There's a lot on there and the phone and keyboard have been working great. It's only the screen rotating and the car panel which are making the phone faulty.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones