Urgent help with soft brick on galaxy s :(Support

Last Updated:

1. xyonzz

xyonzz New Member

Hi, so basically I have a Galaxy S i9000 2.3.3 Gingerbread. Today i foolishly decided to install the Cyanogen 7 mod for my phone. All was well until it had finished installing (I used Clockwork for this). Then the phone restarted, showing the Cyanogen screen - but the phone began to reboot loop. After trying to use CW mod a bit more the phone was now stuck at the Galaxy S welcoming screen and nothing would happen. Following this and lots of research online i found other people had to reinstall the stock firmware.

So atm I'm trying to use Odin to flash a gingerbread tar file online from when i found a similar problem. My phone only works into download mode, and now when i try to turn it on it comes up with a cell phone and a dotted line to a computer.
    My question is PLEASE how can I get my phone back? I'm happy to turn back to the stock, any stock, and I made a backup of everything before i flashed. Please explain simply because im a major noob :(, help is so much appreciated im deseperate thanks so much

2. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member

First step..relax:)

Step two: Go to this website : Samsung I9000 Galaxy S Firmwares. Download your firmware of choice. Then extract it to your desktop (easier in my opinion)

Step three: Go here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and download odin.

Step four: Open odin, add your .Pit file in the pit section then tick "re-partition". Add your PHONE,PDA, and CSC.

Step five: Put your phone into download mode.(make sure you have everything added and ready to go) and connect your phone. Odin will recgonize your phone with a box lighting up yellow with " COM:" in it.

Step six: Click start and let odin work its magic. Let you phone take its time to boot up. I know it is really suspenceful, trust me ive been there, but just let it do its thing. When it boots in it sometimes may re-boot again but this is normal so let it do its thing.

Any questions do afraid to ask:D Dont forget to thankss if I helped:rolleyes: