• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help URGENT: HTC Desire HD won't sync with Exchange calendar

IKT-kr

Lurker
Jan 12, 2011
icon4.png
URGENT: HTC Desire HD won't sync with Exchange calendar

Hello!

I'm in need of urgent help! Our company's CEO's HTC Desire HD will not sync with the Exchange calendar at all. Mail and contacts are synced normally.

We're using the phone's Exchange Active Sync soultion and every info we've put in is correct (server adress, domain, etc.).

Does anyone have any hints on what the problem could be? I've read somewhere that recurring events with no end-date reads as a corrupt file and stops the entire calendar sync. All the recurring events' has got an end date, so I don't think that's the problem!

I'd really appriciate help! Thanks in advance!​

Apparently there's an issue with syncing a *new* calendar. You need to set-up an entry from the phone first then syncing will be fine. From what I read it's an *android* bug ..... I had the same issue when I first got mine - though I just use a local copy of Outlook rather than exchange - but contacts synced, calendar did not until I put in a dummy entry.

Assuming it is a new phone that is .....

Go on, you know you want (need ?!) to keep your CEO happy .... :D

Dave

Reactions: IKT-kr
Upvote 0
Thanks for a quick reply!

I've tried what you said, but unfortunatly... no luck. :-(

Do you have any other hints for me? I've tried searching a lot on the web, but it's difficult to find someone who has the exactly same problem.

Do you think it could be one of the appointments already there in the calendar? I read something somewhere that some apointments sometimes reads as a corrupt file, preventing the entire calendar from sync.

IKT-kr

Upvote 0
I stumbled across this oldish thread as I suffered from and sorted this problem on my setup.

The problem surfaced recently following an upgrade to Android 2.3. My MS exchange calandar was syncing every 1-2 seconds which caused the battery to drain and ultimately auto power off half way through the day.

I tried the suggestion by dvhttn relating to which calendars were syncing - it had my google account, my exchange account and PC sync. The last of these was not required so I unticked that but the problem persisted.

I wondered if there was a corruption in the sync so I changed the calendar sync (Settings > Accounts & Sync > Exchange Activesync > General Settings > [Calendar settings] Sync Events for past...]) from 3 months to 1 month.

I then ran a sync but the problem remained. I changed the frequency to 6 months, ran a sync and it reverted to normal syncing.

I'm not sure what the problem but calendar frequency appeared to be the key to solving the mystery in my case. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones