Urgent Pls.. :( Network connection problems

Last Updated:

1. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Recently I've started facing a problem on my Desire.
    Sometimes it acts like the network is down, and the signal bar shows a cross. At that time when I tried another sim card, the network was working fine. Then after a while my phone starts showing network with the original sim.
    But it won't connect to the internet. It simply won't connect, although I am toggling the mobile data connection tick mark.

Right now the network has gone again, and I'm trying to get connected to it through either Automatic registration or manually selecting from the list of network providers. But I get the message "unable to connect to this network at this time"...

Please help me guys... Could it be a problem with my hardware because it's an on and off problem? I bought the phone from a different country from where I'm living right now, so it would be difficult to get warranty service.
    What do I do? :(

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

How old is the sim? What reason does it give for connection failure? If you stay in the settings menu, where you connect to the mobile data network, the line underneath often gives a reason

g4rvd4 likes this.
  3. g4rvd4

Thanks for the quick reply, dan..

For the data network, before the box is checked it says: "Connect to the Internet" in the info area.
    After I tap on it to check it, it says "Use phone for data connection when wi-fi is unavailable". My wi-fi is off, by the way.

Also the sim is pretty new: just a month old.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah, after the tick, if you wait a bit longer it may say something like "incorrect apn" or similar.

Problem is of you let the screen sleep, you miss it so you have to stare at it.

5. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Double check your internet settings, i used to get the "Use phone for data connection when wi-fi is unavailable"

Just like danfrance said, check your APN settings, can usually get them from your operator.

g4rvd4 likes this.
  6. g4rvd4

I contacted my operator and found out that they had blocked my SIM due to some reason.

In another phone the error message given was: "SIM Card registration failed". On the Desire it gave no such error, it only showed no signal. That's why I got so worried thinking my Desire (antenna?) was broken.

Thanks all for your valuable help.

Now I need to get my SIM working again.. :(

7. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

cant they send you another?