• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi
Anyone know if URLs will be automatically 'parsed' (correct term?) in our browsers sometime soon? Or am I doing something wrong?

well currently lets say you type "yahoo" No you will a search result screen.

If you type "yahoo.com" you will get the site because browser will parse the
"Http://www." to produce the full address ...

So yes as long as you ad the .com, .org, .net ...etc. you should get the url parsed ...

Upvote 0
Sorry should have explained better...

When viewing text on a webpage such as: http://www.androidforums.com my phone does not recognise that this is a website address and does not highlight it (or parse?!) So that I can click on it and navigate to it immediately.

Any ways round this?

I am using Opera at this moment ... and your above link will not work because it was not set as a link .... I find this to be common below is the same url but has been set as url ...

http://www.androidforums.com

Interesting to note that in your Quote text the url was automatically converted to a linkable url .. Parsing is set as the default for my setting when adding or editing posts

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply.

I find that the problem is most pronounced when reading my bt.yahoo emails, some of which contain links to forums or photos etc with long and hard to remember urls.

If i'm viewing an email on my G1 and it has a long link in it there is now way for me to visit the link without scribbling it down onto a piece of paper.

Is there an application which could perhaps scan the source of the webpage you are viewing and then fish out the readable text content and present it to you in a editable form so you can cut and paste segments out of it?

Many thanks,
Barney.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones