[US Celluar] C Spire S4 SCH-R970X Rooting from iMac

Last Updated: 2014-03-30 14:53:01
  1. sethjamto

sethjamto Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm running in circles on this one....I'm trying to root my C Spire S4 SCH-R970X from my iMac. I do have access to a PC (all I have to do is walk down the hallway to my daughter's laptop), but I want to know if I can do it from my iMac instead, as this is the computer I always use.

I have found threads on this site and others on how to root the phone, or how to use a Mac, but not a specific on my phone with a Mac.

Can anyone point me in the right direction before I give up and steal my daughter's laptop for a while? :D

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

A really smart person let me know you would get better help here in the US Cellular All Things Root subforum. So I moved it.:)
    Mr. Lucky and sethjamto like this.
  4. sethjamto

Thanks!

I just checked it and and am still having problems with my Mac getting it to run it. My daughter's laptop is old and slow as dirt. I tried it last night and got frustrated with that dang computer!
    Unforgiven likes this.
  5. sethjamto

GOOD NEWS! I finally got my daughter's laptop moving along at a decent enough speed to root my phone with the Saferoot linked above!

Thanks for the help guys! Now....time to look for ROMs that work on my device!
    Unforgiven likes this.
  6. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Well that is good news - congrats and enjoy! My other suggestion was going to be (and for the benefit of anyone reading this that finds themselves in a similar situation)
    Unforgiven likes this.