[US Celluar] Rooting with Motochopper question - debugging won't work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2014-03-29 21:52:23
  1. sethjamto

sethjamto Well-Known Member

I'm trying to run motochopper on my iMac to root my S4. I'm all the way into it but the phone will not pop up the window to acknowledge about debugging. I've turned on debugging in the Developer menu and the computer sees the phone, because every time I plug it in the Android File Transfer program opens up and I can see all the files on the phone.

How do I get the phone to pop up the debugging window to ackknowledge? I've tried several USB ports on the iMac and have plugged/unplugged the phone a bunch of times.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Motochopper hasn't worked since JB 4.2, so it's a moot point. Use Kingo or Saferoot instead.
    sethjamto likes this.
  3. sethjamto

Thanks! I didn't know that!

That still leaves the question of why debugging didn't show once plugged into the iMac.

It it's turned on in the developer menu too.
  4. Mr. Lucky

You're welcome!
    I have no clue since I'm not a Mac person. Can your computer see the phone with ADB (i.e., "adb devices")?
  5. sethjamto

It sees and can read the phone with AFT, but the debugging pop-up window doesn't show on up on my phone. Developer mode is turned on and debugging is checked.
  6. Mr. Lucky

If AFT works like ADB, you won't see anything on the phone unless you are actively "pushing" a file to it. See if you can find the equivalent command to "adb devices" (i.e., interrogate for connected devices). If your computer can "see" your device, there is hope. :)
  7. sethjamto

So if they see each other and I "should" be good to go, then how do I root from a Mac?

I've searched and searched and keep finding dead ends of rooting the S4 SCH-R970X from a Mac platform.

8. Mr. Lucky

Try this - it's a verion of Saferoot that specifies "Windows or Mac."
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Since motochopper is no longer supported and the member has a new thread, I'm closing this one down.:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.