US english language pack needed please!

Last Updated:

1. AndroidEd

AndroidEd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone with it on his micro sd can you please upload it somewhere, so I could put it on my device, since my hero is imported from Czech, so I have no US english language.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

'Fraid it doesn't work like that. You have to replace the device ROM to change languages, but are you sure that there's no English option on your handset?

3. AndroidEd

There isn't, but on my micro sd it displays the Language packs. I do have Czech English, and Poland English, but I am looking for US english

4. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

What the heck is czech or polish english? :confused:
    How do they differ from US english or actual proper English English what is how it should be spoke, innit.

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Can you explain this further? Where are you seeing these listed?

Have you tried either of those? They should give you English but the k/b may be localised. Failing that, the generic HTC WWE (world-wide English) ROM update will be your best bet. The only other way to change languages involves replacing certain system files, which requires root access.

6. AndroidEd

I did try them, but the keyboards have characters I do not need. I can live with it, I am just looking for a way to change it.

7. Hrochnick

Hrochnick Well-Known Member

I live in the Czech Republic and I bought my Hero here, unbranded from an electrical store. On initial start up I chose 'English (Czech Republic)' - you're correct btw, there is no such language as Czech English - The English is for the language the Czech Republic is for the region (though I don't know why that is relevant, I have seen nothing specifically or particularly Czech about it).

Everything is in 'English English' including the keyboard with $ and pound signs on it, all the letters look as they should and are in the right places... no special characters (unless I hold a letter and then other options appear, but that should be the same for all handsets, I think).

So, as long as you chose English you should be okay - I'm not really sure what your problem is, or why you have a problem?!

8. AndroidEd

There is no problem, I am just asking for the US pack, and if it can be done

9. Hrochnick

But why do you need it? With your phone you can have a perfectly English English version as it is...

I've just tested the spelling, and it even gives me English and American variants. For example, when typing C O L O, it suggests COLOR, if I add the U, it suggests COLOUR.

10. AndroidEd

Again, I was just asking if it could be done. The reason is personal.

11. Hrochnick

Fair enough.

12. saminbama

saminbama Active Member

I need it for predictive and speech to text reasons. When they upgraded my Epic 4G (Galaxy S) to Android 2.2 from 2.1, I lost my dictionary (added words but ALSO ENTIRE DICTIONARY). I have to manually add each word by long-pressing it. Can you imagine how long that will take before I have a decent dictionary? PLEASE HELP. US ENGLISH EPIC 4G SPRINT CARRIER GALAXY S